Sartén Grande con Tapa de 27,9 cm (11 pulg.)
Lighten up your dinner with this delicious and fresh Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Quinoa recipe. Quinoa offers more dietary fiber and protein than brown rice, which in turn makes you stay fuller, longer!
raw, tail-on shrimp, peeled and deveined
chili powder, divided
yellow onion, use Cone #2
garlic cloves, minced
chicken stock, low sodium
- Preheat skillet over medium-high heat until several drops of water sprinkled in pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp to skillet and season with salt and half of the chili powder. Cover and cook for 3 minutes, or until shrimp is pink throughout. Once cooked, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet. Cover and cook until onions are translucent, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add the uncooked quinoa, cayenne, chili powder and chicken stock to the skillet and combine. Cover and cook for 12 minutes. Fluff quinoa with fork once it has cooked through. Add parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice and combine.
- Add in cooked shrimp and cover for 2 mins until shrimp has warmed throughout.