Salmon and cauliflower along with anti-inflammatory spice turmeric combines to make this simple weeknight meal. Cauliflower is a good lower glycemic substitute for potato and adds a rich consistency to the soup. Wild salmon compared to farm raised salmon is richer in Omega 3’s and overall nutrition. Wild salmon has a good protein and healthy fat balance that helps to keep blood sugar levels even and feeling full longer.
- Heat saucepan over medium heat for 7-9 minutes until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Sauté onion, celery, garlic and carrots for 4-6 minutes until slightly softened. Sprinkle sautéed vegetables with turmeric, paprika and salt, stir to combine.
- Add cauliflower to saucepan. Pour fish stock over vegetables and place cover on saucepan. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click turn heat down to low and cook for for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Combine arrowroot powder and water in a small cup and stir to combine
- Add arrowroot powder mixture and salmon to saucepan. Cover saucepan and cook for 5-6 minutes until fish is cooked through and soup has thickened.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Right before serving add chopped parsley.
- Substitute parsley for fresh dill or chives.
- Add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper or a few dashes of Sriracha sauce for some spice.