Sartén Gourmet de 20,3 cm (8 pulg.)
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
It’s okay to indulge in dessert on an occasional basis, especially when the star ingredient includes naturally sweet seasonal berries. Berries are low on the glycemic index and a great choice, especially for those with diabetes.
lemon juice, fresh
coconut oil, room temperature
- In a small bowl mix together blackberries, lemon juice, arrow root powder, cinnamon and nutmeg until berries are coated with spices and arrowroot.
- In another bowl combine crumble ingredients: coconut flour, oat flour, coconut oil, water, salt, baking powder, coconut sugar, chopped almonds and salt. Mix until all ingredients are well combined and mixture has a crumbly texture.
- Place blackberry mixture in bottom of 8” gourmet skillet spread out so bottom of pan is covered.
- Spoon crumble mixture on top of blackberries as evenly as possible to cover blackberries.
- Place lid on skillet and turn heat to medium. When Vapo Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat to low and cook for 20 minutes. Turn heat off and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and serve crumble warm or at room temperature.
- Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
- Substitute blackberries for blueberries, raspberries or a combination.
- Place crumble under broiler for 5-8 minutes at end of cooking for a crispier topping.
- Serve crumble with a spoon of low fat vanilla yogurt.